RYA Push the Boat Out is a nationwide programme to give people an opportunity to visit an RYA member club and try sailing/boating.
We have busy day planned for Sunday 10th May, at our clubhouse in Coleraine, with:
- 12.00 noon – Try Dinghy Sailing with an instructor (on the River bann) *booking recommended*
- 1.00pm – Official Launch of 2015 24-hour Race (in clubhouse, with hot snacks)
- 2.30pm – Club dinghy racing (on the River Bann)
- 3.30pm – Try Dinghy Sailing with an instructor (on the River Bann) *booking recommended*
- 4.30pm – Race results & a bit of craic (in the clubhouse, with hot snacks)
- 5.30pm – close.
Our clubhouse overlooks the River Bann, where dinghy sailing takes place. Visitors are very welcome to watch friends/family getting a taster of sailing from the Clubhouse .
Throughout the day, we are also providing several short sessions of sailing in larger yachts. *booking for this is essential*
All ‘try sailing’ taster sessions are free of charge, although snacks & drinks can be bought from the clubhouse throughout the day.
In order for us to provide adequate instructors and equipment, please express your interest via our on-line booking system, or contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
- All ‘try sailing’ taster sessions are subject to favourable (i.e. non-stormy) weather conditions. In the event of unsafe conditions, bookings will be postponed.
- Recommended clothing for ‘try sailing’ taster sessions:
- in a dinghy (chance of getting wet) – swimming costume, wetsuit, buoyancy aid & old trainers (or wetsuit boots)…The club can provide buoyancy aids and has a small number of wetsuits available. Changing facilities are available in the clubhouse.
- in a yacht (unlikely to get wet) – warm coat, non-marking soft soled shoes & buoyancy aid… The club can provide buoyancy aids.